Live Clinician Support in the
Live Clinician Support in the Emergency Department
Fortunately, Augmedix's new tech-enabled service, powered by virtual scribes, combines artificial and human intelligence, eliminating the need for after-hours work in the Electronic Health Record (EHR), while allowing ED clinicians to focus on direct patient care without the burden of adding headcount to a busy emergency department.
Jeffery Davies, MD
Chief of Staff,
Augmedix virtual scribes, specially trained to work within an ED environment, are an always-present assistant to the clinician, converting real-time clinician-patient conversations into precise medical documentation.
Augmedix virtual scribes use the proprietary Notebuilder automation technology to increase the quality of documentation and add value and potential return on investment relating to ancillary billing opportunities unique to the ED.
Augmedix Virtual Scribes
In addition to documentation, Augmedix virtual scribes provide live clinical support to ensure quality and timely care in the emergency department. This includes:
- Managing admissions according to criteria determinations
- Monitoring and providing real-time alerts for labs, radiology, medication, and testing
- Managing reminders and follow-up in the EHR
- Providing referrals to post-discharge care facilities
- Managing transitions of care
- Providing patient education and follow-up instructions
- Delivering best-in-class medical notations including HPI, ROS, PE, A&P, and more
- Ensuring consistent documentation to support value-added ancillary billing
Augmedix virtual scribes enhance quality of care and patient satisfaction while potentially reducing door-to-doctor time and median length of stay.
Clinicians Relying On Augmedix Experience
Up to $1M cost savings for every avoided provider churn
Clinicians nationwide put their trust in Augmedix supporting more than 35 specialties, telemedicine efforts, and clinicians both in acute and post-acute environments.